Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hi, my name is Sandy . . .

and I'm a "Goodwill-aholic". Oh my great goodness!! I simply cannot drive by a Goodwill and not stop in. My PT automatically turns at the sight of the Goodwill sign. I truly take to heart the old saying "One woman's trash is another woman's treasure." The only problem is, my closets are beginning to burst with other women's trash that I need to "git to gittin'" and turn them into my treasures.


Here's a photo of my latest haul! The quilt piece was in a frame, but I took it out. I think it will make a great pillow! It makes me sad when I find afghans at Goodwill. I mean, these are someone's family pieces that are now being sold for pennies ($3.99)!!! I cannot pass them up! This one is in beautiful shape and is just the right size to use as a throw when I'm working on my computer. In fact, I'm wrapped in it as we speak!! The Santa is a painted canvas piece that was 99 cents. Actually, nothing here cost more than $4.00! I have already used Gorilla Glue and made the plate and candleholder into the cutest cake plate! I will post a pic as soon as it dries! The jars are for buttons, thread, etc. storage.

I'm always on the lookout for toys for my g-kids too.
This all cost less than $5.oo each! The little boys will love the flip toy in the middle. You push on each piece and the tab pops up and tells what color, number, toy, etc. matches. It's really cute!
This one is obviously for Mia. The pink castle has a little drawer in the front to store all the little characters. They are adorable. Belle, the Beast, Tink, Wendy, Peter Pan, Jasmine, Aladdin, etc. are all there and she loves playing with them. There are, of course, some little people that were just thrown in for good measure -- we can't figure out why Timon and Donald and Daisy Duck are there, but we have lots of fun with them. PLUS -- IT PLAYS MUSIC!!!
This little cabinet with all the Strawberry Shortcake characters inside was just $2.99!! Mia hasn't seen it yet, but I'm sure she will adore it! The dolls even smell like strawberries, lemons, blueberries, etc.!! Cute, cute, cute!!! I just need to figure out the characters names so I can tell her. Her Mom used to have all the dolls when she was growing up. Isn't is amazing how things just seem to keep coming back around?
My greatest find lately was a wheelbarrow! I have wanted one ever since I bought my house, but they are soooooo expensive and I didn't really want one of the new resin ones. I wanted an old, broken-in model. I found one at a new Goodwill store that just opened! My new wheelbarrow is orange and scratched up and ready for me to use this spring. It has wooden handles and everything!!! WooHoo!!
Anyway, I have to drive by Goodwill again today on my way to work, and I'm sure I'll stop.
Do you think there is a twelve-step program for me?!!?

No comments: