Friday, January 1, 2010

Ten in 2010

2010. Holy Cow! A new year -- time to wipe the slate clean and start fresh! Time to make resolutions on January 1st that we all usually break by January 5th (if we last that long).

This year, I decided to think of 10 things I would like to set as goals for the new year and mark them off as the year goes along to see how well I do.

Here I go . . .

1. Get Organized -- I hate this one, but it's gotta be done. I have sooooo much crap just oozing out of drawers and closets, out of my garage and my storage shed. It's time to let some of this "wonderful junk" out to spread joy and happiness to the masses!! Time for it to be packed up to Goodwill or listed on Craigslist or just plain set out for the trashman. I feel the urge to purge!

2. Work Less -- Due to the Marion County Real Estate Tax Assessor's need to enjoy the profits of my labors a little more than I can afford, I work one full time and two part time jobs. I love, love, love my full time job and really don't mind the other two, it just doesn't leave much time for family or a social life. I think it's time to tighten the belt and do the best I can with one full time and one part time job. Enough said.

3. Craft More -- I have so many ideas floating around in my head, stashes of fabrics, drawers full of patterns, etc., it's time to let my creative juices flow! I'm going to set up my craft table and go!

4. Get Back in Shape! -- Oh, I was so lovely a few months ago when I could fit into size 8 pants and tuck my shirts in. I've been eating for Christmas since after Halloween. Time to diet and step up my exercise routine...

5. Finish Half-Finished Projects -- Too many of these to count! Gotta get a move on.

6. Take Some Classes -- I've always wanted to take a cake decorating class, learn to make jewelry, speak better Spanish, cook like a French chef and sew like a dream. Time's awastin'. There are plenty of classes out there waiting for me. Again, gotta get a move on.

7. Take More Time for Family and Friends -- I am so blessed to live near my son, my daughter, and my wonderful grandchildren. I want to spend more time with all of them. I have friends, old and new, that I would love to be with. I will do better in 2010!

8. Read More -- I love books! I usually have 2-3 going at a time. I carry one in my purse, one in my car, I keep one on my bedside table. When I was a young girl, I always won the library's summer prize for reading the most books. Books are precious and I will read more in 2010.

9. Spend Less -- I have found, as I get older (eek!), that I just don't need all the stuff I thought I needed. Too much junk floating around (see #1). Gonna budget and keep better track of where my money goes. Getting older, retirement is coming . . . don't want to eat out of a dumpster. . .

10. Worry Less About Things I Cannot Control -- well . . . . you'll have that . . .

Anyway, that's my "bucket list" for 2010, in no particular order. Just some things I want to do to make my life better. Do you have a bucket list? Can we work together to be happy in 2010? I hope to blog more, smile more, laugh more, complain less and appreciate all that I have in the new year.

I wish everyone who reads this a Happy New Year 2010! I hope you add to your blessings and keep your troubles at bay in the new year.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Happy New Year Sandy!

That's a great list! ...and it seems doable!

Here's to a great 2010!!